Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
The Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is an objective procedure for evaluating the energetic and environmental loads relative to a process or an activity carried out by means of the identification of the energy and materials used and of waste released into the environment.
Thanks to LCA, the typical approach of traditional engineering (favouring individual studies of the single elements of the productive processes) is replaced with an overall vision considering all transformation processes, starting from the extraction of primary substances up to the disposal of waste (and any recycling and recovery) of products at the end of their life cycle and passing through all the phases of processing and use.
This new approach can be a support for:
– The identification of solutions to improve the environmental performance of products through the different phases of their life cycle
– Those making decisions in the field of industry and government and non- government organizations (ex. strategic planning, choice of priorities, planning or re-planning of products or processes)
– The choice of environmental performance indicators of products and/or processes
– The implementation of “Green marketing” policies
– The development of ecological labels, such as Ecolabel, using LCA as an instrument for the processing of relative ecological criteria
– The implementation of an Environmental Management System (EMS) according to EMAS (Eco-Management and Audit Scheme) community methods or international standard ISO 14000
The highly specialised experience and know-how of Techne Srl together with its use of specific software allow the company to offer its Clients assistance in the identification, planning and development of LCA analysis on any products and/or processes.